Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Winnie Settles In with Her New Family


Emma is settling in very nicely with her new family according to her special mama person Jillian. Apparently she even slept in the bed snuggled next to Jillian the first night. Success!

Jillian and Fowler have decided to call her Winnie, so from now on I'll TRY to remember to call her by her new name. Since we'll never know Emma's first name and her first foster mom named her "Crystal Lee", Winnie quite rightly should have a new name for this new phase of her life. Of course to me, she will always be Emma... and Mimoo, and ChihuahuaWHAAAA, and Emma Bemma Memma. Isn't is crazy all the names we come up for our animal buddies?

It has been VERY quiet around my house without my pushy chihuahuaWHAAA princess, so I was thrilled to get some great photos and even a video of Winnie's first day from Jillian. Winnie looks happy and oh-so-stylish in her new duds. Here she is!

Yum! They know just how to treat a girl around here.

"I guess he's not THAT bad..."

"...especially if I get to keep this outfit..."

"...and take regular naps on this lovely couch."

"How on earth did I end up HERE?!"

I particularly love the expression on Winnie's face in the last photo with Fowler. It's just so her. I call that the "Mysterious Face of Mars" look: it's when she's trying to figure out if what is happening is really, really good or really, really bad. I have a feeling that by now she's figured out it's REALLY, REALLY GOOD. By the way, don't you love the clothes, collar strobe light (matches brother Buckley's), pink leashes and even pink potty bag holder? All that plus living right near the beach with two of the best humans she could ask for? Lucky, lucky, dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment