Monday, July 20, 2009

Emma Takes Lake Tahoe by Storm



For 4th of July weekend, Miss Emma made her first trek to Incline Village on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe.  Brogan's 'time share' parents live there year round and we were all volunteers at the 25th Annual I-CAN Run/Walk which took place the morning of the Fourth.  I decided to shamelessly plug Emma's orphan status by making poor Brogan wear sandwich boards on his backpack.  We definitely got a lot of attention and Emma got a lot of pets and handling by dozens of people.  It was hard to believe this was the dog it took me two hours to approach only three weeks ago.  Even the week prior on the train trip she'd acted terrified of children and here she was soaking up the adoration from all ages like a trooper.  I think she may be officially used to me dragging her into oddball situations!  


Brogan hangs with three pretty girls after the race.

There's really no such thing as too much adoration from humans.

Brogan was a sport about wearing "Adopt my Little Sister!" signs on his backpack (not to mention carrying around my stuff all morning).

...And finally, after we all had a nice post-race nap we hit a local hiking trail for Emma's first hiking experience.  No surprise, she was a natural (though unlike Brogan she had to stay leashed as a precaution from becoming a tasty coyote snack!).

No comments:

Post a Comment